TRL Software has officially been announced as a finalist for The AWS Shape your Future Award, as part of City on a Cloud, a competition that recognizes the leaders who are shaping society today.
Since 2014, AWS has recognised those who have positively impacted our communities in the City on a Cloud competition. Across different categories , they’ve helped bring to life transformational projects:
- The AWS Quality of Life Award
- For public sector institutions running innovative projects on the cloud
- The AWS Shape Your Future Award
- For public sector institutions promoting growth and transformation
- The AWS Bright Futures Award
- For private sector organizations including AWS partners, ISVs, and startups
- The AWS Gamechangers Award
- For both the private and public sector
The AWS Shape Your Future Award
This award aims to celebrate projects that lead to growth and transformational thinking around the world. Judges review qualified entries on the following criteria:
- Promoting growth and transformation by expanding access to goods or services
- The significance of the solution to the local community
Who has joined the challenge?
Governments, non-profits, educational and healthcare institutions, as well as AWS partners, start-ups, and ISVs supporting these institutions or developing solutions that have a potential to impact the wider community.
About our entry
From conception to deployment, the user has been put first with our Cloud based UTC, Powered by SCOOT® 7. Challenging the market UTC solutions with a new school of thought, we built an innovative SaaS platform that works for the user, enabling them to unlock their data and orchestrate their network. Starting from scratch, our team collaborated with an experienced UX team to ensure the user is at the heart of our UTC.
Local Authorities have been stuck with outdated systems and hard to read interfaces that only the most highly of skilled individuals could read whilst tied to one computer. Our UTC breaks the mould with its modern, intuitive and informative web-based UI giving the Local Authority everything they need in one place.
Easy to read dashboards and graphical displays enables the user to easily visualise data and our UI can be accessed anywhere, anytime on any device that can run a web browser. Whether on the road or in the office, users now have quick and easy visuals, enabling immediate updates to the system. Other features include:
- 100% cloud-based software with no additional hidden technical support costs, renewal fees or local software to install
- Secure and reliable operating environment
- Map-based UI that can be customised to fit with any existing mapping software
- Open access to live SCOOT® data via APIs, not only improving the UTC experience but allowing access to third parties to develop apps or undertake research and development projects
- Built on proven SCOOT® technology, our SCOOT® 7 kernel benefits from new features, including updated pedestrian and bus priority features, allowing traffic to be adapted to these increasingly important modes of transport.
- Open to any UG405 compliant OTU, giving the choice to explore and use controllers that work best. With support for NTCIP and other protocols coming in the future, users everywhere will benefit.
What happens next?
Now that the finalists have been announced, we are just waiting to find out the winners, which will be announced after February 10th 2021. To find out more about the competition, click here.