I want to call up a pedestrian cycle in alternative stages. I am not sure how to input this into the model.
Answer: The is relatively easy to set up. The steps required are as follows:
1. Right-click on the controller in NetCon and Select “Proporties > Signal Controller” to bring up the data editor. Change Multiple Cycling to “Double”.
2. Open the Timings Diagram (if not already open)
3. Press the “repair timings” button to repair the intergreens.
4. Select Tools > “Convert all stages to base stages”. This means you now have every stage running twice within the cycle – N.B. you may need/want to double the cycle time at this stage. The need to convert the stages to “base stages” is to allow you to remove one of the stages which runs your pedestrian phase.
5. In the Timings diagram, right-click on the first or second stage that is running your pedestrian phase, and select “Delete”.
You now have your pedestrian phase running every second cycle in effect – technically you have all but the ped phase running twice in one cycle.
N.B. alternatively, you can create the required new stages manually using the data outline and data editor, and then change the stage sequence that TRANSYT is currently using. Both methods result in the same file data, but it will often be quicker to do it in the way set out above.