If you find that the network diagram is displaying “N/A” instead of the total flows on both the connectors and traffic streams, this can be caused by a change in the file format that was introduced in TRANSYT 15.1 to accommodate the new choice of flow units – vehicle or PCUs – in this version of TRANSYT. An oversight on our part. It will affect both the connector “total flow” and the arm text total flows”, both of which will show as “N/A”.
It can be easily rectified by carrying out the following actions…
- Select from the Network Diagram Top Menu > Texts > Manage Sets…
- On the “Arm Texts” tab you will see that the value for“Text A” is showing “N/A”.
- Click the button to the right of this, (with the downward pointing arrow) and select “Parent Item [Traffic Stream]”, then “Flows” and then select “Total Flow”. This fixes one of the two items.
- Now click on the “Connector Texts” tab
- You should see that the value for “Arm Connectors” is showing“N/A”.
- Click the button to the right of this, (with the downward pointing arrow) and select“Flows” and then select “Total Flow”. This fixes the second of the two items, but not permanently.
- To save these settings permanently, you now need to press the blue link“Manage Sets”.
- Click the box with the word“Standard” in it, in order to select this text set.
- Press the blue link“Overwrite with current settings”. This will update the changes to this particular text set so that they will appear every time this particular text set is selected.
- Finally, for any existing files or open files you will also need to re-select the “Standard” text set via “Main Menu > Texts” and re-save the file to store the new selection.
- New files and library files will automatically display the data chosen within your newly-edited default text set.
N.B. This system can be used to store any number of different text ‘sets’ of items you may wish to display. These settings will appears for any file you open as the settings are stored within your personal TRANSYT preferences.